Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What exactly are we growing here

Earlier I posted my planned layout, but didn't include any information about the varieties, so here's the list.

From Hudson Valley Seed Library
  • Isis Cherry Tomatoes
  • Aunt Molly's Ground Cherries
  • Evergreen Scallions
  • Panther Edamame
  • Vates Blue Curled Kale
  • Double Yield Cucumber
  • Ping Tung Eggplant
  • Mammoth Long Island Dill
  • Thyme and sage, no special names for those

and from Botanical Interests
  • Black Krim Tomato
  • Sun Gold Cherry Tomatoes
  • Butterhead Lettuce

Then there's Detroit Red Beets and Seven Top Turnips picked up for 50 cents last summer in North Carolina at a random gas station; basil and brussels sprout seeds I collected; spinach, cabbage, broccoli, and peas from American Meadows (these had low germination rates even though they were only from last summer). And my favorite ever, arugula from Franchi, which I only recently realized is easily acquired online, finally ending my fears of what might happen when I run out of the packet I've been carting around since 2008. Also they have the best company tagline I've seen in a while, "Because you will reap what you sow." Simple, yet ominous.

No comments:

Post a Comment